Retired CEO and entrepreneur who now spends time on what I love: my family, pets, hobbies, friends, and how to help make the world better.
Adorably Creative Names for Your Cat
Have you just brought home a new kitten? Congratulations!
Now, to kick off the fun, it is time to choose the perfect name for your furry little feline.
Naming your cat Muffin or Max is so old-fashioned! Remember that your cat is a living, breathing individual. Why not choose a name which can capture your kitten's personality or look?
Tips for Choosing Cat Names
- Easy to say: Choose a name that you could yell from the front porch. If it is easy to yell and easy to say, it will be easier for your cat to recognize and get used to the name. Research shows that cats respond best to names that are one or two syllables.
- Stands the test of time: Select a name that can grow with your cat. For example, if you name your kitten "Fluffy," it may no longer be an accurate description when the cat is an adult.
- Matches your cat's personality: Pay attention to your kitten's personality. Every cat is unique and your cat's individual behavior may help you to find the perfect name. Examples include "Cuddles" or "Bouncy." Try to capture your cat's personality with a name.
Below are the funniest, cutest, and most unique names we've found.
Funny Cat Names
The internet was apparently invented to share funny pictures of cats. Even though cats are some of the most graceful and poised of all animals, they do have their clumsy and goofy moments. They give us love, but also laughter. Here we have gathered a list of funny cat names guaranteed to make you smile!
- Oprah Whisker – for a cat who deserves his or her own talk show
- Chairman Meow – make your cat the cutest of all dictators
- Catrick Swayze – just in case your cat likes Dirty Dancing
- Donald Tramp – for the cat mogul turned presidential hopeful
- Chew-bacca – a really hairy cat
- Fuzzinator – for a cat who makes Chewbacca look hairless
- Galacticat – does your cat love to fly?
- Kitty Kitty Bang Bang – remember the magical car?
- Shakespurr – to purr or not to purr?
- Cindy Clawford – for the classic beauty look
- Vegetarian – irony, anyone?
- Katy Purry – California cats
- Anderson Pooper – a nose for the latest and the hottest!
- Brad Kitt – on the handsome side
- Genghis Cat – for the territiorial cat
- Leonardo DaFuzzy – DaVinci or DiCaprio?
- Cat Benatar – hit me with your best shot, kitty
- Demi Meower – a real cougar
- Catpernicus – for the exploring cat
- Hairy Potter – so hairy, it's magical
- The Great Catsby – for the quixotic cat
- Meowly Cyrus – ummm . . . meow?
- Terabyte – a terrible bite? Or just huge?
- Clawsome – watch out!
- Just Kitten – for the prankster
Unique Cat Names
Just like us, every cat is unique. Some cats are mischievous, others are lazy. Some cats love to cuddle and others prefer solitude. That is why many people like to create their own unique names for their cats. Here are the most unique cat names we've come across.
- Ping Pong – for the cat who is bouncing off the walls
- Wicca – for cats on brooms
- Godzilla – the Japanese terror
- Qwerty – sleeping on the keyboard
- Ninja Samurai – for the infiltrator
- Gremlin McGuru – not really sure where to go with this
- Tofu – soft and squishy
- Calypso – a charmer
- Machiavelli – a schemer bent on power
- Buddha – some cats have already reached nirvana
- Electra – that just sounds cool
- Bazinga – see the next one
- Sheldon Catpurr – see the previous one
- Tator Tot – not sure how that got in here...
- Luke Skywhisker – in a litter box far, far away
- Coco Chanel – a high-class kitty
- Mary Jane – just don't blow it in the cat's face!
- Fonzie – hey...[thumbs up]
- McQueen – for the coolest cat on the block
- Ozzy – cats eat bats, right?
- Azrael – got a bunch of Smurfs running around your place?
- AC/DC – hard rock or electric current?
- Heathcliff – no one should terrify the neighborhood
- Kilamanjaro – for the climber
- Marshmallow – a white and cuddly kitten
Cute Cat Names
Cat lovers know that there is nothing cuter than a cat, especially a kitten! Though they don't know it, our cats pluck at our heart strings and touch us with their adorable purring and playfulness. Enjoy this list of our favorite cute cat names.
- Nibbles – as long as they're not nibbling on you
- Buttercup – why do you build me up?
- Chipmunk – almost as cute as a kitten
- Tinkerbell – not tinkle, tinker
- Cuddles – not for the cat that hides under the bed
- Snuggles – Cuddles' friend
- Munchkin – enough said
- Pumpkin – for the orange kitten
- Cutie Patootey – if you're one of those who carry your cat around everywhere
- Twinkle Toes – for the most graceful
- Hopper – depending on how your cat gets around
- Cupcake – so cute you could eat 'em up
- Lollipop – so cute you could...lick 'em? That'd be a hairball for you.
- Skittles – because cats are just so sweet!
- Prince/Princess – how they should be treated
- Button – as cute as a button
- Bug's Ear – as cute as a bug's ear
- Jujube – it just sounds cute
- Love Bug – and you can slug your friends every time your cat passes by
- Panda Bear – what's cuter than a panda? Only a cat.
- Oliver – did you see "Oliver and Company"?
- Tom – Jerry stole the limelight
- Daisy – for a female cat
- Simba – for a male cat
- Cutesy Poo – if you want to go over the top!
Nunya on August 13, 2020:
I'm looking for 1 word cat names
Jennie on April 17, 2020:
That's really rude, people! I think this is a good website.
isabella coddington on September 27, 2019:
Schmooky Mc. cuddles face on December 28, 2018:
THIS IS THE WORST WEBSITE OUT OF ALL CAT WEBSITES
Sienna McGuinness on October 10, 2018:
This is terrible
Thomas C Mill (author) from USA on October 25, 2015:
Here are some more cute cat names: