10 Most Indestructible Dog Toys
Dog toys can be a great source of entertainment, mental stimulation, and even dental hygiene for your pet. Plus, chew toys help take their focus off of the desire to chew your things! Unfortunately, though, a lot of toys are more hassle than they're worth. They fall apart or get destroyed easily, making a mess and wasting your money. That's why it's worth it to invest in the toughest ones!
Here are the top ten:
- Hurley Chew Toy. This is made from a unique durable material called Zogoflex, and it is so strong that the makers will actually give you a free replacement if your pooch manages to destroy it. Talk about tough! This is designed to take the place of a number of other toys that you might already have for your pet. It is capable of flying through the air, bouncing on the ground, or even floating in water. You can throw out all of the chewed up bones, sticks and balls that you have and replace them all with this single chew toy.
- Huck Ball. This is a new one by the same folks who make the Hurley chew toy. The Hurley is bone-shaped, whereas this one is a ball. It's great for playing fetch with. Although the Hurley toy can actually also be used as a ball, this one is better at replacing a ball if that's the only toy that your pet really likes. It's shaped to bounce in unpredictable ways so that your dog will never get bored playing with it. And it comes with a money back guarantee.
- Vibram Ball. Another good ball toy is the Vibram ball. It's hollow so you can fill it with goodies and your pet can get into them but the outer shell is tough enough to last for a long time. That outer shell is made from a clean rubber that is safe for your pet and durable at the same time. Like the Huck ball, the shape makes it bounce in an irregular way to keep your pet on his toes. This one comes in a three-inch or four-inch size for different pup sizes.
- Nuts for Knots Dog Balls. These are balls, too, but they're made of a super durable rope. The rope is all knotted together into a big ball. If rope alone wasn't durable enough for your pet then the knotted about ball version should be. Great for dogs of any size.
- Kong Dog Toys. This is the brand that you are most likely to have heard of already if you've been on the hunt for indestructible dog toys. They are infamous for being well-designed, long-lasting toys that challenge your dog's brain. They've been around since 1976, and they're still among the best in the business.
- Nylabone Dental Cone. This brand offers a number of different options. They're known for stimulating your dog's brain as well as improving your dog's dental hygiene. it's not only good for teeth, but it also massages the gums. Just as good as going to the doggie dentist! The dental cone, in particular, is designed to be super durable. However, any of the different Nylabone products would be a good choice.
- Orbee-Tuff Sport Tennis Ball. This looks just like a regular tennis ball, but it's so much more durable than that. Orbee-Tuff rates the durability of all of its products, and this one gets five out of five chompers for being so hard to destroy. Dogs that are used to playing with tennis balls will be particularly fond of this one, and you'll be glad that you don't have to replace the tennis balls nearly so often as you did before!
- The Almost-Indestructbie Ball. What a funny name for a ball that actually truly seems impossible to destroy! This is a high-impact polyethelene ball that is just about as tough as pet toys come. It's designed for larger dogs that need a big ball to play rough with. It shouldn't chip, tear, break, or pop no matter what your dog does to it.
- Sqwuggies Squeak Toys. Not only are these toys durable (they're made from old recycled fire hoses), but they also have a fun squeak that is designed to be heard by dogs. but not by humans. This is great for folks how know their pets want squeak toys but who just can't stand to listen to them. These float in water and are designed to be tugged on without breaking.
- Toughstructables Canvas Dog Bones. Instead of giving a real bone, give him a canvas one that will last nearly forever. They are made of a rugged nylon canvas that is capable of floating in water. They are specifically intended for aggressive chewers but of course all dogs would like to play with.
These 10 tend to be the best when it comes to being indestructible play items for your dog. However, there may be other items on the market that you like as well. What you want to look for is a replacement guarantee, a solid material that's designed to be pulled on with teeth, and a creative design that will keep your pet interested in playing.