Barbara Fitzgerald is an AKC Breeder of Merit and author of the column "Conversations with Champions" for the BCSA magazine, Borderlines.
Country Dog Names Starting With the Letter "B" Wanted!
Are you looking for a down-to-earth dog name for your new pooch? Look no further! These rural call names will have you singing his handle like your favorite tunes.
Our favorite naming ideas starting with the letter B pay homage to Country and Western singers, songwriters, and entertainers, as well as NASCAR greats, plus a wagonload of downhome, traditional Southern dog names, Georgia born and bred.
Male Country Dogs Names That Start With B
- Bellamy: The Bellamy Brothers scored a big hit with, "Redneck Girl."
- Bentley: Fredrick Dierks Bentley is a singer and songwriter, who fuses a little bluegrass into his style of country music. An AMC Top New Artist, his hits include "Home," "What Was I Thinkin'" and "Come a Little Closer."
- Best Friend: "You're My Best Friend," by Don Williams.
- Big Bad John: Jimmy Dean's big bad hit, "Big Bad John."
- Big Iron: Marty Robbins great, "Big Iron."
- Blackhawk: Country band, Blackhawk, their eponymous album went double platinum to start a series of hit singles.
- Blake: Blake Shelton, country singer, songwriter and talent judge, some of Blake's big hits include "Austin," "Home," "Some Beach" and Honey Bee."
- Bradley: Owen Bradley was a piano player, arranger, songwriter, producer and chief architect of rockabilly and the Nashville Sound. Early in his career, he lent his talents to the biggest country recording artists of the day, including Ernest Tubbs, Kitty Wells, Red Foley and Burl Ives. Eventually, he became the Vice President of Decca's Nashville division, and then began cultivating the Nashville Sound with such artists as Buddy Harmon, Hank Garland and Grady Martin as the backbone of the Quonset Hut Studio. "Countrypolitan," as the Nashville Sound was initially described, blended more sophisticated lyrics with pop stylings, to create a more marketable, easy listening sound, saving the Country Music genre from oblivion.
- Brand: "Brand New Man" by Brooks and Dunn.
- Brantley: Brantley Gilbert
- Brett: Brett Eldredge, singer, songwriter and native of Illinois, started his career in Nashville, in 2008. He has had a string of hits, starting in 2013, which include "Lose My Mind," "Don't Ya," "Beat of the Music" and "Mean to Me."
- Brice: Kenneth Mobley "Lee" Brice, Jr. began his career as a songwriter for such artists as Garth Brooks, Tim McGraw and Eli Aldean. Three years after "More Than A Memory" debuted at number one on the Billboard Hot Country 100, Brice signed his own solo recoding deal. His hit "I Drive Your Truck" was Song of The Year at both the CMA and ACM awards.
- Brooks: Megastar, Garth Brooks, is the most commercially successful Country artist in Country Music history. With two Grammys, 17 AMA awards and multiple Entertainer of the Year Awards, Brooks can be forgiven for taking a four year holiday from Country music, to spend more time with his kids and stunning wife Trisha Yearwood. "The Dance" weighs in at #10 of the greatest of all time great country music songs!
- Bryan: Georgia born Luke Bryan was names ACM 2013 Entertainer of the Year for his Platinum album, Tailgates and Tan Lines. Brian is also the name of Family Guy's suave, martini sipping pooch.
- Buckaroo: Buck Owens and the Buckaroos were one of the chief drivers of the Bakersfield Sound. Their hard driving, honky tonk was responsible for 21 number number one hits on the Billboard Country Charts, and countless other Country music hits.
Redneck "B" Names for Dogs
What is a redneck? As children, we were told it was someone who labored in the fields, thus getting a sunburnt or tan back of the neck. Over time, redneck became derogatory slang, for the city sleekin' elite, meaning backwards and bigoted country folk. However, plenty of country folks are still proud to be called a redneck; that is to be someone who earns their living through hard work. These classic redneck names make some of the best dawg names starting with the letter B.
- Bam Bam
- Billy Bob
- Lady Bird
Female Country Dog Names That Start With B
- Baby: Mel McDaniels' hit, "Baby's Got Her Blue Jeans On."
- Ballad: The Ballad of Forty Dollars," by Tom T. Hall, and "The Ballad of Ira Hayes," by Johnny Cash
- Ballerini: Kelsea Ballerini
- Barbara: Two-time CMA Entertainer of the Year and one-time ACM Entertainer of the Year award winner, Barbara Mandrell has won numerous Grammys, American Music Awards, ACM Awards and CMA awards. A singer, musician and actress, she has been a member of the Grand Ole Opry since 1972 and had her own Prime Time TV variety show in the 1980s, making her one of the most successful entertainers during that era.
- Barbi: Model, singer, songwriter and actress, Barbie Benton was a Hee Haw regular for four seasons. She is best known for wearing the original Daisy Dukes, telling corny jokes and posing in Playboy. Hugh Heffner and she were partners for seven years from 1969 to 1976.
- Battle: "The Battle of New Orleans," by Johnny Horton.
- Believer: Kenny Rogers classic, "She Believes In Me," and "It's Only Make Believe," by Conway Twitty.
- Beverly: The Beverly Hillbillies.
- Billie: Billie Jo Spears.
- Bless: "God Bless The USA," by Lee Greenwood.
- Bliss: Chris Bliss, Southern comedian.
- Blame: "Blame It On Your Heart," by Patty Loveless.
- Blanket: "Blanket On The Ground," by Billie Jo Spears, and the name of Michael Jackson's child. Name your dog Blanket, if you don't want it to be afraid of heights or of sleeping on the ground.
- Blossom: "Orange Blossom Special," made famous by Johnny Cash. Also a TV sitcom, starring Mayim Bialik, the new Jeopardy host and former Big Bang co-star.
- Bobbie Sue: Oakridge Boys hit, "Bobbie Sue."
- Bouquet: "Bouquet of Roses," by Eddie Arnold. Name your dog Bouquet, and you can call her Bo for short.
- Bop: Crossover hit for Dan Seals, formerly England Dan, of England Dan and John Ford Coley, and younger brother of Jim Seals of the soft pop duo Seals and Crofts. "Bop" weighs in at number 500 of the 500 greatest Country Music songs of all time.
- Borne: "Born to Fly" by Sara Evans. Also the title character of the Borne Identity novel series.
- Breakdown: "Foggy Mountain Breakdown," by Earl Flatt and Lester Scruggs.
- Breaky: "Achy Breaky Heart" by Billy Ray Cyrus.
- Brenda: Brenda Lee charted 47 hits in the 1960s and is ranked the fourth most popular performer of the decade, behind Elvis Presley, The Beatles and Ray Charles. Still actively performing, name your girl Brenda if you want a canine companion with staying power.
- Busy: "Busy Man," by Billy Ray Cyrus. Busy is a cute name for an active dog.
- Bye Bye: Number one single for Jo Dee Messina, on her gold album, I'm Alright.
- Byrd: Tracy Byrd, "Holding Heaven."
"B" Named NASCAR Driver Names for Boys and Girls
- Baker, Buck
- Bell, Christopher
- Benny Parsons
- Biffle, Greg
- Bilicki, Josh
- Blair, Bill
- Blaney, Ryan
- Bobbie Allison
- Bodine, Geoffrey
- Bonnet, Neil
- Bowman, Alex
- Bowyer, Clint
- Briscoe, Chase
- Buescher, Chris
- Burton, Jeff
- Busch, Kyle and Kurt
- Byron, William
© 2021 Barbara Fitzgerald
Liz Westwood from UK on October 12, 2021:
This is a comprehensive list. I am amazed at how many names begin with B.