Cute and Creative Female Shiba Inu Names
Last year, I befriended a Shiba Inu in the building where I used to work. Well, it was more like I admired her from afar because, true to her breed's personality, she was very reserved and wouldn't let me touch her. Her owner says she's more cat than dog. She would leisurely explore the floors of our office building without a leash and never responded to her owner's calls. And why should she? Shiba Inus are fiercely independent thinkers and don't take orders.
Because the Shiba Inu is a fox-like Japanese dog, most of these names are inspired by foxy characteristics and monikers of Japanese origin. Have fun sorting through these cute names for your girl Shiba Inu puppy!
Popular Female Shiba Inu Names
- Dandi (short for dandelion)
Japanese Shiba Ibu Names
- Kimi: Noble
- Akira: Bright, Clear
- Chieko: Intelligent
- Akiko: Bright child
- Hikari: Light, Radiance
- Toshiko: Clever child
- Akemi: Bright and beautiful
- Satoko: Wise child
- Michiko: Beautiful, wise child
- Asami: Morning beauty
- Emiko: Beautiful blessed child
- Yuki: Happiness or snow
- Izumi: Fountain
- Kyo: Cooperation
- Megumi: Blessing
- Shinju: Pearl
- Natsumi: Beautiful summer
- Sora: Sky
- Emi: Beautiful blessing
- Miko: Beautiful daughter
- Yoko: Sunny daughter
- Kiyomi: Pure beauty
- Yuko: Helpful
- Mana: Affectionate
- Fuji: Wealthy
- Shiro: White
- Hana: Flower
- Mika: Perfume
- Momo: Peach
- Aki: Autumn
- Kiko: Daughter of the spring
- Rina: Jasmine
- Aiko: Child of love
- Hitomi: Pupil of the eye
- Hoshi: Star
- Katsumi: Victorious beauty
- Keiko: Blessed child
- Maiko: Child of dance
- Takara: Treasure
- Mitsuko: Child of light
- Rika: True fragrance
- Tamiko: Child of many beauties
- Tomiko: Child of wealth and fortune
- Yoko: Child of sunlight
- Yumi: Reason
Unique Shiba Inu Names
- Sheba: Comes from "Queen of Sheba." Play on "shiba."
- Hawn: From Goldie Hawn
- Eevee: A fox-like character from Pokemon!
- Kamiko: It means "superior child" in Japanese. Perfect for a Shiba because they always act superior.
- Chika: A Japanese word meaning "scattered flowers." The word chica also means "little girl" in Spanish.
- Queen: This can be short for Queen of Sheba or because the Shiba Inu acts like a queen.
- Kitsune: Means fox in Japanese because the Shiba Inu looks just like a fox.
- Hachimitsu: Means honey in Japanese. Perfect for a honey-colored Shiba.
- Alaska: Great for a Shiba with white fur.
- Zorro: Means "fox" in Spanish.
- Vulpix: Another fox-like Pokemon!
- Dashi: Inspired by a fox's dashing motion.
- Fawn: Because their color is similar to that of a baby deer.
- Sassy: Because they've got sassy personalities.
Red Shiba Inu Names
- Aka (Japanese for red)
- Ariel (from the Little Mermaid)
- Cheyenne (Native American word for red)
- Lucy (Lucille Ball)
- Suri (Persian for "red rose")
Black and Tan Shiba Inu Names
White or Cream Shiba Inu Names
- Coco (short for coconut)
Non-Gender Specific Shiba Inu Names
Tips for Naming Your Shiba Inu
If you're looking to come up with a name on your own, you can use the following characteristics to help jumpstart your creativity.
- What's your dog's personality? Is she shy, playful, or affectionate? Does she have a habit of doing something that can inspire a name? For example, if she likes blowing bubbles in her water bowl, you can name her Bubbles.
- What's the origin of the breed? In this case, the Shiba Inu is Japanese, so Japanese names are good fit. Try going beyond the traditional Japanese names and look at anime, manga, cartoon, or celebrity names for inspiration. For example, if your Shiba Inu looks or acts like a character from Yu-Gi-Oh!, you could name your puppy after it.
- Look to your own heritage for inspiration. You could narrow down your options by looking at names from your own heritage or nationality. This can be very meaningful to you and the rest of the family.
- Pick a short name. Shiba Inus are hard to call. They're often stubborn and don't come on the first call, so pick something that you won't get tired of saying because you'll be saying it a lot.