My name is Tatiana, but my friends and family call me Tutta. I love writing articles that bring a little creativity to everyday life.
There’s nothing more uplifting than watching a group of puppies play! It’s literally the cutest thing ever! Having a pet dog can spark so much joy that it will make you wonder how you ever lived without a dog. They truly capture your heart. It’s no wonder why they’ve been dubbed “man’s best friend.”
If you’re looking for a dog to adopt, be prepared to be looking for a while! There are so many different breeds to choose from that it can be overwhelming. One breed not to be overlooked is the Boxer!
Are Boxers the Right Breed for You?
Ready to adopt a dog but having a hard time trying to decide on which dog to adopt? If a medium-sized dog is what you’re after, or if you don’t have a size preference, a Boxer might be just what you need! Lots of people choose to adopt a Boxer because they really do make great family dogs. How do you know if one is right for your family? Here are a few things to consider when determining if you should adopt a Boxer or not.
What Are The Personality Traits of Boxers?
- Boxers have high energy. While they are very loyal and lovable, their energy levels can be a bit much at times so they need to go to an active home with plenty of space to run around.
- Boxers need lots of interaction. Not playing enough with a dog with a high need for interaction can lead to undesirable behaviours such as excessive chewing or pica (when a dog ingests non-food items).
- Boxers don’t like to be left alone. If you’re adopting a boxer, you’re literally in for a best friend! You might have a Boxer who thinks it’s a lap dog, who might literally want to be on your lap at all times, even when you want to go to the store! Be prepared to be with your Boxer more than you two are apart!
- Boxers are super lovable. I just thought I should reiterate how lovable this breed is! They really do form a remarkable bond with their family.
- Boxers are highly intelligent. They learn quickly and are typically viewed as a breed that’s easy to train, but will definitely need good training!
- Boxers do best with professional training. Due to their high energy and need for intense activity and movement, their behaviour can be a bit much if it isn’t harnessed in time! Start good habits early on and incorporate the help of a professional trainer in order to get the best results. Their leash manners can leave a lot to be desired if not trained!
What Is a Good Name for a Boxer Dog?
If you need some Boxer name ideas, steer clear of names such as Sparky or Prince as they just don’t mesh well with the Boxer breed. I mean, just look at that sweet, little face! It may be cute, but it’s also rough and tough and so should be the name it goes by! Take a look at these perfect rough and tough boxer dog names!
Male Boxer Dog Names
Female Boxer Dog Names
Funny Boxer Dog Names
Cute Boxer Names
Tough Boxer Dog Names
White Boxer Dog Names
Brindle Boxer Dog Names
Ever Thought About Pet Insurance for Your Boxer?
Ian on January 26, 2020: