My name is Tatiana, but my friends and family call me Tutta. I love writing articles that bring a little creativity to everyday life.
All About Husky Breeds
It’s no secret that Siberian Huskies are gorgeous dogs. Those crystal-like eyes, their soft, fluffy fur, and their loyalty to the pack make them a beautiful dog to have as a part of your family. You just gotta love it when they’re puppies, too! They look like happy, little fur balls with legs prancing around, just wanting to be loved on!
With them being such strong dogs and well-equipped for the winter with their thick fur coats, it’s no wonder why they are often selected to be sled dogs in the icier regions. These dogs, along with other husky breeds like Alaskan Malamutes, Chinooks, Canadian Eskimos, Tamaskan dogs, and many others are often used as sled dogs, but Siberian Huskies tend to rank up there amongst the most popular of choices.
Naming Your Husky
Making the leap to choose a Siberian Husky, whether solely for a family pet or a sled dog, is a choice you will never regret! Choosing from a litter or an animal shelter is perhaps the hardest part as you want to ensure you find a puppy or dog with a personality that fits yours. After all, you’re going to have this dog for many years to come!
The next step will be picking a name that your dog will respond to for all of the years to come, so you’d better make it a good one! Husky names are pretty easy to brainstorm considering the many distinguishable traits of the breed itself! Let’s look at a few tips for coming up with husky names.
- Temperament: Siberian Huskies are known to be very good-natured and gentle with other dogs and people. They are also very smart and tend to be easy to train. A name that emphasizes their gentle nature or intelligence is always a good option!
- Personality: Despite common traits in dogs of the same breed, each dog will still have it’s very own and unique personality. Get to know your dog for a little while before settling on a name so you can be sure you pick a suitable one.
- Appearance: Although Siberian Huskies generally look the same due to their build and stature, each dog will have a different color pattern and even different eye colors. You will find Siberian Huskies ranging from all white to a mix of black, gray, dark brown, and golden brown. So many color-inspired names to choose from!
- How it sounds: As with any family member, you’re going to be saying this name (or even yelling it!) a lot. You want to make sure the name just sounds right. It should also be a name that’s not going to be offensive to others. Practice saying any potential names aloud to see which ones have a better ring to them.
Now, on to the reason you came here—husky names! Here is an awesome categorized list of 100+ good names for huskies!
Male Husky Names
Female Husky Names
Cute Husky Names
Funny Husky Names
Alaskan-Inspired Sled Dog Names
Choosing the Perfect Name for Your Pup
Now that you have a few names in mind, it’s time for the harder part of the naming process, choosing the furever name! Since this can be quite a task, here are some ways to make it fun!
- Treats: Hide treats around your house with a potential name written on a piece of paper. Whichever treat the dog finds first will be the name that it chooses!
- Adoption party: Throw a party to welcome your new dog to the family. Use this as an opportunity to get a few name ideas or even take a vote!
- Draw from a hat: Write down all of the names you like and put them in a hat. Either choose someone to draw a name or do it yourself!
- Flip a coin: If there are just two names that you’re stuck between, leave the choice up to a coin toss!
- Attention: You can choose to have your dog in another room or even the same room. Start calling out the names that you like, giving some time in between and see which name gets the best reaction from your pooch!
Though picking a name might be tough, you’ll find the perfect name in no time! No matter what you choose, it will not change the amazing bond you and your pup will have for many doggy years to come!
30 Adorable Husky Videos!
Terry Youd Tasmania Australia. on August 18, 2020:
We named our beautiful wolf grey and white female Amarli. It suits her and she knew it was her name very quickly. We got her at 6 weeks from Melbourne. We had been told she was eight weeks until we saw her vet report when we got her home. We had not seen her till we picked her up. Just photos which we picked her from. She is spoilt but so loving and cuddly. We love her to bits. She is perfect in every way.
Lisa Tippett on August 17, 2019:
I named my baby gurl siberian. REIGN FOREVER
Kyle on April 14, 2019:
I have a pomsky pup. I've landed on Sinatra on account of the blue eyes
Kyra on October 29, 2018:
Vinaay on June 27, 2018:
One of the good breed dogs with friendly nature towards children & protective to the owner. https://goo.gl/RyvHa6