Redneck and Country Music Dog Names
These are great names for hunting dogs, shade-tree dogs, and any other dog that just likes to hang around.
There are several other sites on the internet with redneck names for dogs. Unfortunately they all give bad choices. A redneck name, just like any other you give your dog, needs to be short enough for the dog to respond to and long enough to differentiate from his commands.
Don´t name your dog a short word—something that sounds like sit, down, or stay, and don´t name him some four or five syllable word that even you can´t keep straight.
Here are a bunch of great redneck and country music names you can name your new pup. Do him proud.
These redneck names for boys are one syllable and I actually prefer to use two when training. If you like one though, your dog will probably be happy to answer:
· Bo: This is the White House dog at the moment, but no matter your political leanings it still makes a great name.
· Blue: What old blue tick hound wouldn’t be proud to run around with a name like this?
· Dodge: Only the pickup really counts. All of those cars the company makes are just to keep the government distracted.
· Duke: From the movies, as long as it doesn’t have Daisy tacked onto it.
· Ford: If you´re a fan, this is a good name.
· Jed: No one remembers the Biblical name but almost everyone knows the character from the Beverly Hillbillies.
· Ram: As in the pickup we all love, of course.
Some good redneck names for male puppies:
· Barney: Almost everyone will remember Barney Fife.
· Bubba: This one might be overused but it is still a good choice.
· Cletus: Everybody’s favorite. It almost sounds Roman, yet it is Simpsonian at the same time.
· Harley: The motorcycle, definitely an American symbol.
· Larry: The redneck cable guy has made this one popular.
· Scooter: The origin of this name should be obvious.
Some redneck names for female puppies:
· Cherry: Another good name for a Red nose pit bull or Redbone coonhound.
· Daisy: A type of flower.
· Misty: A nice name, and not necessarily redneck!
· Molly: Not just Redneck, just popular.
· Nina: The ninth. Great name for a puppy from a big litter.
And for the girls:
· Gretchen: This probably belongs in Dog Names from Germany.
· Patsy: One of my all time favorites.
· Taylor: This is one of the current country stars, but I am still more likely to go with Patsy Cline.
Famous country music singers also have some great names. Some of them are classic, some of them are modern, but all of them are good choices.
For the boys:
· Country: This can actually work for a boy or a girl. A few times in the dog´s life you can count on someone asking “Is your dog´s name Country?”, to which you reply, of course, “If that aint Country you can kiss my ***.”
· Waylon: This is not a popular name and even people who aren´t fans of Country will know who it is.
Once you have decided on a name, the most important thing you can do for your dog is order a tag with his name, your name, and your cell phone number. It may end up saving his life.
Dogs, Dogs, Dogs....
- My Dog and My Eyes :Why the Dog Makes Eye Contact
Why do dogs look into our eyes? Why do dogs make eye contact when so many other species of animals do not?
- My Dog Is Jealous
Dogs have emotions. Jealousy is one of the strongest, and when your dog feels it she may do all sorts of funny things. This article lists a few tips to deal with the emotion if it becomes a problem in your house.
If your dog is a hound and in need of a redneck name, do not be embarrassed about it. I read an essay recently stating that rednecks were one of the last ethnic groups that you could still tell jokes about. Maybe no one is embarrassed about picking these names!
I realize there are a lot more male names on here, so if you have any suggestions for other great redneck names, especially female names-which we really need more of, be sure to leave a comment!
More by this Author
Names should be authentic, reflecting your dogs unique heritage. Bagby, Kirby, Shelby...pick a great name from Yorkshire and your dog will be extra special.
Are you tired of those best celebrity dog lists that just list the celebrity´s dog? Why not name your dog after your favorite famous character? Here are some great choices.
The most common dog breeds are popular with families for good reason. Find out which five breeds make the list, the breed that almost made it, and why.