40 Best White Dog Names For A Cute Puppy
If your new white dog is a Siberian Husky or Samoyed, you really should find a name appropriate to Siberia. If you have an American Eskimo, a Boxer, a Dogo Argentino, a white German Shepherd, or even a white Bull Terrier, these names will work great. For others among the really cute small white dogs, this list is perfect!
Find a name that fits your dog´s looks and personality, call him a few times to see how you like it, and make sure everyone in the family will use it.
There is no point picking a great name if no one will use it to call your dog.
There are a lot of great words for the color white in other languages. Not all languages have words for white that make a good name, of course, but here are a few:
Blanco (M), Blanca (F)
Romani, the gypsy lang.
There are some great white names from Brazil:
- Anjo (angel)
- Coca (figure it out yourself!)
- Coco (coconut)
- Gelo (ice)
- Marfim (ivory)
- Natal (Christmas)
- Nevy (snowy)
- Puro (pure)
You might also like some of these great names:
Angel, Bino (albino), Blizzard, Chalky, Chilly, Cotton, Crystal, Frosty, Ghost, Glacier, Ice, Igloo, Iris, Mallow (marshmallow), Nilla (vanilla), Polar, Powder, Snowflake, and Snowy.
More About Dog Names...
- Macho Dog Names
If you have a Chihuahua, a Maltese, or a Bichon, you need to find a great macho dog name! Choose from this list, and keep your dog from being embarrassed.
- Redneck and Country Music Dog Names
Need a great name from the country? Some are redneck, some are country and western, some are even...Well, if that aint country, you can kiss my.....
- Ancient Egyptian Dog Names
This list of dog names from ancient Egypt are perfect if you want to name your Pharaoh hound, Basenji, or Saluki something different. Of course, every mutt should have a Royal name. Just choose.
There are a few rules when should remember when naming your puppy:.
- Don´t give your new white dog a name that sounds like one of his training commands. If you use normal English training words, none of the names on this list will be hard for your puppy. Just remember that even the best dogs get confused, and you really shouldn´t make it any harder for your new puppy than it already is!
- Always choose a name that has one or two syllables. If you stick your dog with a name like “Marshmallow” you can call him Mallow; don’t get mad at him if he just stares when you try to use that long word that he is not even able to understand.
- Give your dog a name that commands some respect. You might think it is funny to name your dog “Scooter” after he has diarrhea, or “Barfy” after an accident in the car. It will not be funny later when you are out at the dog park with your new white friend.
- Do not give your white dog one of the overused dog names. Your dog is an individual. He deserves to have a unique dog name!
Some white dogs are REALLY small!
- Best Dog Names from Brazil
Does your new puppy lie around the house most of the day? Does she seem more interested in her pedicure than her new toy? If your dog jumps up into the hammock every chance she gets, maybe she should have a Brazilian name.
© 2013 DrMark1961