Rabbit Names: How to Pick a Name for Your Bunny
Choosing a name for your bunny is one of the fun things about getting a new rabbit. But sometimes it's just so hard to find the right inspiration. Your bunny's name shouldn't just be cute, it should also be easy for the rabbit to understand.
Easy names to understand are those that sound a little different from everyday speech. It helps if the bunny's name is one that is fun for you to say, or makes you laugh, as the tone in your voice will also influence how quickly the bunny learns its name.
If you're having trouble coming up with a name for your rabbit, you can ask friends or family, or look up in a book of baby names. Sometimes the best names come to you when you're not even thinking about them. There's no need to be in a rush to name your bunny, either—you have plenty of time to get to know your bunny and see what kind of temperament it has before deciding on a name for good. Alternatively, it can sometimes be nice to let someone else name your bunny, like a brother or sister.
If you're still stuck thinking about what to call that cute little bunny you have, here are some fun bunny names, ranging from the classic to the unique. For easy reference, I've listed them alphabetically.
Bunny Name Ideas From A-Z
- Abba, Alvin, Ace
- Bandit, Boo, Bouncer, Brat, Basil, Binky, Barney, Basil, Brutus, Biggie Smalls
- Coco, Cottontail, Conan, Cuddles, Chewy
- Diesel, Demo, Dax, Destructo
- Eddie, Edge, Ezekiel, EVOO
- Fang, Fluffy, Flopsy, Flick
- Godzilla, Gizmo, Gonzo, Grumpy, Grizelda
- Hook, Hoppy, Hulk
- Ida, Iris, Ivan, Ivory
- Jaws, Joker, Jones, Jose
- Kritter, Killer, Krull
- Loopy, Lottie, Lazer, Linux
- Magnum, Mopsy, Musashi, Mouse
- Nemo, Nero, Nikko
- Obi, Ozzy, Ox, Olive, Onyx, Orbit, Overlord of the Universe
- Peter, Pirate, Popeye, Psycho, Poppy, Peanut, Puff, Prince
- Quincy, Quetzacotl
- Runner, Rotter, Rex, Ranger
- Slick, Smudge, Star, Streak
- Tinkerbell, Trouble, Thumper, Taz, Toaster, The Bunny Formerly Known As Prince
- Una, Unix, Ubuntu
- Vegas, Vera, Vinny, Vista
- Wanda, Whiskers, Whisky, Wicket
- Xander, Xena, XP, Xyla
- Yo-yo, Yahoo
- Ziggy, Zak, Zeke, Z
Found a name? Would you like to add your own ideas for bunny names? Leave a comment and tell everyone what your bunny is called, or tell us what your bunny would be called if you had one! The great thing about choosing a name for your bunny is that you can share the process with your friends and family.